The Department of Paediatric Surgery treats children from day one to eighteen years of age. All the facilities to take care of children needing surgery are available under one roof. A well-experienced team of doctors is available to take round-the-clock care of the children. All types of open and endoscopic procedures are performed in the department. Excellent supportive care in the form of a tertiary care NICU is available for sick and critical neonates, plus a fully equipped paediatric surgical ICU with paediatric ventilators and 24x7anaesthetist backup.
- Neonatal Surgery
- Paediatric Urology
- Paediatric Chest Surgery
- Paediatric Cancer Surgery
- Paediatric Trauma
A well-experienced team of doctors is available to take round-the-clock care of the children.
With the availability of modern amenities and support from neonatal team and a well equipped NICU, all types of newborn surgeries are performed by the department for congenital problems, e.g. oesophageal atresia, diaphragmatic hernia repair, intestinal obstruction, ano-rectal malformations etc.
A wide spectrum of diseases affecting kidneys, bladder and the genital systems are treated including pelvi-ureteric junction obstruction, posterior urethral valves, Exstrophy-Epispadias complex, hypospadias, ambiguous genitals etc.
Laparoscopy and Thoracoscopy
Laparoscopy for a variety of abdominal problems like appendicitis, gastro-oesophageal reflux, cysts, ambiguous genitals etc. are performed. Thoracoscopy is being implemented for empyema, lung resection and biopsies.
Paediatric Chest Surgery
Surgery for congenital disorders of lungs like cysts, Lobar emphysema etc., are being performed. Oesophageal problems including replacement of oesophagus, mediastinal tumour are undertaken regularly. Bronchoscopy for diagnosis of airway diseases and removal of foreign bodies is also carried out.
Treatment is provided for Wilms’ tumour, neuroblastoma, sarococcygeal teratoma, etc.
- Prenatal evaluations and counselling
- Postnatal diagnostic assessments
- Multi-system evaluation for anomalies, tumours and trauma
- Hyperacute Stroke ICU staffed with modern monitoring facilities and trained specialist staff
- Paediatric radiology services
- Paediatric pathology services
- Dedicated paediatric surgical ward with qualified and trained staff
- Modern monitoring equipment like pulse oximeters, infant warmers, infusion pumps, etc.
- Well-equipped operation theatres with temperature control, miniature cystoscopes, 3mm laparoscopic instruments, paediatric bronchoscopes, patient warmers, etc.
- Fully equipped paediatric surgical ICU with paediatric ventilators and round the clock anaesthetist backup is available
- NICU with modern ventilators, infant warmers, apnoea monitors etc.