SPS Hospitals are the leading medical healthcare providers specializing in the medical complications of Knee. With years of expertise in providing the most accurate treatments with top-of-the-line medical facilities, SPS Hospitals have earned the confidence of patients. We have become the most preferred and highly reliable hospitals in Ludhiana and nearby states for joint pain and knee pain treatment.
The knee is one of the most crucial parts of the body. It is a combination of complex joints and is responsible for joining the shin bone and thigh bone in the leg. Tendons & Ligaments present in the knee help in the movement and provide stability. Besides, there is one smaller bone that runs alongside the fibula and kneecap.
There are some cases where people develop various medical conditions of the Knee. If you are searching for the “orthopedic doctor near me”, SPS Hospitals, with years of experience and top orthopaedics, is the right choice for check-ups and treatment.
Conditions of the Knee
Many patients come to the SPS Hospitals with various Knee conditions to get the optimum treatment and care. Our Knee specialist provides all-inclusive treatment by precisely diagnosing and creating a personalized treatment plan for knee conditions, such as,
- Chondromalacia Patella: When the cartilage on the underside of the kneecap causes irritation, then this condition is known as Chondromalacia Patella. In simpler terms, this is a joint pain that generally develops in younger people.
- Knee Osteoarthritis: Osteoarthritis is the most common form of arthritis that affects the knees. This kind of knee condition is caused by ageing, wear, and tear of the cartilage. The initial symptoms of osteoarthritis include knee pain, swelling, stiffness, etc.
- ACL: ACL, also known as the Anterior Cruciate Ligament.
Other serious medical complications of Knee problems include:
- Meniscal tear
- Knee Effusion
- Patellar Subluxation
- Patellar Tendonitis
- Knee Bursitis
- Baker’s cyst
- Septic Arthritis
To overcome these knee problems, several tests are done by the medical professionals at SPS Hospitals.
Tests for Diagnosis of Knee Problems at SPS Hospital
There are several tests for every kind of knee issue that the “orthopedic doctor near me” might ask you to undergo for a precise diagnosis. Some of which are:
- Physical Examination
- Drawer Test
- MRI Scan
After the tests are done by a joint specialist, they prescribe certain medications that can cure your pain.
Treatments for Knee Complications at SPS Hospitals
There are certain knee pain treatments for knee injuries performed at SPS Hospitals. Let us discuss them in detail.
- RICE Therapy: Rest, Ice, Compression, and Elevation therapy can be done at home to provide relief to knee injuries. It is an amazing therapy for knee injuries.
- Medicines: Pain relievers are often given to people with joint pain and injuries. These medicines help in reducing the pain, thereby treating the damage done to the knee.
- Physical Therapy: Physical therapy is another way of strengthening the knee muscles, thereby increasing knee stability.
- Knee Surgery: Knee surgery is done to treat a lot of knee conditions. Surgery helps in replacing and repairing the torn ligament. Moreover, the injuries can be treated or a complete knee can also be replaced. Surgery can be done with small incisions or large ones as well.
- ACL Repair: In this knee treatment, the knee specialist cuts a donor’s body or the patient’s body to replace the ligament.
- Arthroscopic Surgery: In this knee treatment, an endoscope is inserted to cure the injuries of knee joints. This is a safe procedure as it has a short recovery period.
If you are experiencing any kind of knee pain, it is suggested to visit the SPS Hospitals’ knee clinic immediately to prevent the pain from worsening.
Why Choose SPS Hospitals?
If you are experiencing knee issues, it is best that you visit us. At SPS hospitals, we offer healthcare services to patients dealing with all kinds of knee problems. SPS Hospitals are the first-ever hospital chain in Southeast Asia which is accredited by JCI (Joint Commission International, USA). Moreover, we have now received four JCI accreditations and NABH accreditations.
We have several departments that offer quality health checkups not just for knees but also for heart, knee, neuroscience, etc. We look closely at the situation of the patient and then provide the best possible service. Trust us – we are the best in town! Visit us today and avail our services.
Arthritis, tendonitis, or sprain are some of the common knee problems. These problems can be cured at home but if you feel that the pain is worsening, then it is essential to visit a knee specialist.
The main symptoms of knee injury are swelling, redness, difficulty in bending the knee, knee pain, and clicking/ popping sounds of the knee.
Quadruple Knee Ligament Injury is one of the painful knee injuries, wherein the ligaments are completely destroyed.